Kremlin (Moscow, Russia) - fortified complex on the Red Square
Location show on map
Date of build
1475 - the beginning of construction
The Kremlin has the shape of a triangle, located on the bank of the Moskva River.
Inside there are palaces and a lot of churches, among others: throne room and three councils: Uspienski, Błagowieszczenski and Arkhangelsk. Next to it are: the Tieriennyj Dworiec palace, Arjuna Orużjonnaja Pałata, the Patriarchs palace, the Palace of Congresses and the fabulous Orthodox church of St. Basil the Blessed.
The Kremlin became the seat of the Soviet government after the revolution in 1917. The fifteenth-century walls, 18 meters high, stretch over half a kilometer. They contain 20 towers, sometimes topped with towering towers. The entrance leads through Baška Spasska, overlooking the Red Square.
In 1600 Tsar Borys Godunov completed the tower-belfry tower, Ivan the Great, with a height of 81 meters. From the watchtower there is a view of the area within a radius of over 30 km.
At the foot of the watchtower is the largest bell in the world, 203 ton Car-round, next to it is a giant 89 cm, weighing 40 tons, Car-can.
Official website: http://www.kreml.ru